About the Book: Nineteen-year-old Avery Delacorte loves the water. A sophomore on her university's nationally ranked swim team, she finally feels popular and accepted-especially by Lee, her kind and outgoing boyfriend.
But everything changes when Avery's red-eye home for Thanksgiving makes a ditch-landing in a mountain lake in the Colorado Rockies. There are only five survivors: Avery, three little boys, and Colin Shea-the teammate Avery has bee avoiding since the first day of freshman year. Faced with sub-zero temperatures, minimal supplies, and the dangers of a forbidding nowhere, Avery and Colin must rely on their talents, willpower, and each other in ways they never could have imagined.
Yet when Avery emerges from her ordeal alive, terrified of the water, conflicted by her emotions, and evasive of her memories, she must face the heartbreaking realization that rescue doesn't necessarily mean survival.
About the Author: Claire Kells was born and raised outside Philadelphia. She received a degree in English from Princeton University and a medical degree from the University of California. Currently in residency, she lives and works in the Bay Area. This is her first novel.
You connect with her on Twitter.
Wow, I am super impressed with Ms. Kells' bio and can't wait to read her book! Lucky for you, I also have a copy I'm giving away right here! Here's what some people are saying about this book:
~"Your first must-read beach read of the summer." Oprah.com
~"Skillfully interspersing flashbacks with current events, debut novelist Kells has written an absorbing tale that will grip anyone who enjoys survival stories or psychological dramas." Library Journal (starred review)
~"The story ably demonstrates that survival is not just physical, but also mental and emotional." Booklist
Thanks so much to Dutton for the chance to share this book with you! I have ONE copy up for grabs. Here's what you have to do for your chance to win:
1. Follow my blog. You can do this by clicking the Google Friend Connect icon to the right. It will ask you to create an account. This does not mean you will now be required to be a blogger-it's just so you'll register as a follower of my blog :).
2. Comment on this post.
3. Follow me on Twitter and include a tweet about the giveaway. Retweets count, too!
4. 'Like' my Facebook page, along with the giveaway post, and leave a comment about the giveaway.
5. Mama always said it's nice to share. Share this post on your blog, Twitter, or Facebook page. Each share counts as an entry! Share daily for additional chances to win!
6. Each of the above counts as an entry. Try one or try them all-they all count.
This contest is open to residents of the continental U.S. Must be 18 or older. No P.O. boxes. The contest is open from 8/19/16 and will end at 6 p.m. EST on 9/2/16. The winner will be randomly by random draw. Winner will be announced on 9/3/16 and will be notified via email. Winner can then email me the address to which their prize will be shipped.
GOOD LUCK and thanks for reading!!