Happy Friday! I was contacted by Rebecca Lang at Viking/Penguin publishing about reading and reviewing an ARC of this book. She kindly offered me a beautiful hardcover copy of the book as well as a poster to give away, so here is your chance to win a copy of this fabulous book as well as a really cool poster.
This book was a hit in the U.K. and is receiving rave reviews from those who've gotten a sneak peak. I was super excited to see it as one of the recommendations in the January issue of The Oprah Magazine (p. 97).
Publisher's Synopsis: Louisa Clark (or Lou, as she's known) lives a life about as big as the tiny English village she calls home. She loves being a waitress and figures she'll eventually marry Patrick, her longtime boyfriend. When she unexpectedly loses her job, she must scramble to replace the income that her tight-knit family depends on. Out of desperation, she takes a job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor. Will used to live a life full of high-stakes deals, adventurous vacations, and beautiful women. Now, due to a tragic accident, his life is suddenly restricted beyond his control and he has lost all desire to live.
Will keeps everyone at a distance with his caustic and high-handed attitude. Unlike his family, however, Lou refuses to tiptoe around him and cater to his bad moods. Soon they become exactly what the other needs. Seeing how hopeless Will is about his future, Lou plans a series of adventures (and misadventures) to try to convince him that life can be worth living. In turn, Will attempts to persuade Lou that she doesn't have to confine herself to the small existence she's settled for so far. As they set about changing each other's lives, what emerges is a love story that is as complex as it is beautiful.
Here's how to enter:
1. Follow my blog. You can do this by clicking the Google Friend Connect icon to the right. It will ask you to create an account. This does not mean you will now be required to be a blogger-it's just so you'll register as a follower of my blog :).
2. Comment on this post.
3. Follow me on Twitter and include a tweet about the giveaway.
4. 'Like' my Facebook page and leave a comment about the giveaway.
5. Mama always said it's nice to share. Share this post on your blog, Twitter, or Facebook page. Each share counts as an entry! Share daily for additional chances to win!
6. Each of the above counts as an entry. Try one or try them all-they all count.
This contest is open to residents of the continental U.S. Must be 18 or older. No P.O. boxes. The contest is open from 1/4/13 and will end at 6 p.m. EST on 1/11/13. The winner will be randomly chosen using the method my kindergarten teacher used when I won my pet bunny-I will pick a name from a hat. Winner will be announced at 7 p.m. EST on 1/11/13 and will be notified via email. Winner can then email me the address to which their prize will be shipped.
GOOD LUCK and thanks for reading!!